Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Untitled

We take steps toward the future every second but this feels like a giant leap.
So I can't be a kid forever; but who decides that for me?
I'm done saying I'm going to change I'm going to take responsibility.
But even if I wasn't willing, the choice is not up to me.

Every second I get older, but the worlds not spinning any slower.
I know i can't be seventeen forever, but if i could I'd like to stay here a while longer.
I'm not yet ready for this change.
Though I guess everything else stays the same just give that number known as age a new name.

Give me a breath in and when I exhale I'll be the same person, letting go of and gaining some burdens.
So I'll take responsibility, just don't add more years to me.
Telling myself that I'm still very young. And it hits me, i realize, that truly my life has just begun.

Every second I get older, but the worlds not spinning any slower.
I know i can't be seventeen forever, but if i could I'd like to stay here a while longer.
I'm not yet ready for this change.
Though I guess everything else stays the same just give that number known as age a new name.

So I can sign my own papers now. Take the blame for it all.
Maybe it's natural to be scared of this step, probably because there's no turning back.
Going to take what I've learned, show the whole world it's my turn to find the adult that's been growing within me.
Soon I'll find out just what exactly that means.

_________________________(written 10/2009) ________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment